Patients and Visitors
Health Insurance MarketplaceColeen Bartmann - 719-845-4251
Colorado will re-open enrollment for individual health insurance, mirroring the Biden administration's Executive Order.
Special enrollment period to be February 8 to May 15 and is for anyone without health insurance. Re-opening is an effort to address the number of uninsured, in particular, people who have lost their employer-based coverage due to the economic fallout of COVID-19.
For assistance or to take advantage of this Special Enrollment period please call your local, certified Health Coverage Guide - Coleen Bartmann - at (719) 845-4251.
When can I buy health insurance through Colorado's Healthcare Marketplace?
You can still buy health insurance if you have a life-changing event. Certain events, including losing job-based coverage, moving, getting married, and having a baby all make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period. Otherwise, almost all Coloradans can buy health insurance during the Open Enrollment Period, which begins Nov. 1, 2021.
When you can sign up
Coloradans who experience a Qualifying Life Change Event, during or outside of the Open Enrollment Period have a 60-day window to buy or change plans. This is known as a Special Enrollment Period.
If you miss your Special Enrollment Period window, you may have to wait until the next Open Enrollment Period to apply.
You can enroll in Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year, whether you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period or not.
Life change events include but are not limited to:
Family additions or changes
• Birth of a baby, adoption of a child or placement of a child for foster care
• Getting married or divorced
• Death of a household member enrolled in a plan through Connect for Health Colorado
Loss of health insurance coverage
• You lost of job-based coverage
• You no longer qualify for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid program)
• You no longer qualify for Medicare Part A
• You are turning 26 and aging off your parent's plan
• Your student health plan ended
Move or change in permanent residence
• Move to Colorado
• Move to a new permanent address-certain conditions apply
• Leaving incarceration
• Gain of lawful presence (i.e. legally living in the United States according to federal immigration laws)
Changes to income (for current enrollees only)
• Changes in your income that affect the amount of Cost-Sharing Reductions (lower out-of-pocket costs) you qualify for
• Changes in your income that make you newly qualify for Premium Tax Credit (lower monthly costs)
• Changes in your income that make you no longer qualify for the Premium Tax Credit (lower monthly costs)
Report changes in your household
Report changes in your household size, income, or address within 30 days of the change.
We're here to help and help make the insurance process as easy as possible. Please call (719) 845-4251 today.